Tuesday, May 22, 2018

'Arp' Rosemary

"Arp" Rosemary is the most cold hardy Rosemary. It is cold hardy to -10°F to -5°F. (USDA Zone 6) I live on the border between zone 5 and zone 6. So it may be just a tad bit too cold. So in order to keep it alive and have an herb to pick from all winter (for cooking or simply to smell), I will give it winter protection when the forecast predicts it to go below zero next winter. It is an evergreen. I am still not sure what I will use for winter protection. I think I may either just do a thick layer of burlap or I may put a clear plastic
tub/box with burlap as extra protection.

NatureMan


No comments:

Post a Comment

Loblolly Pine The New Northern Pine

Loblolly Pine Pinus taeda The Loblolly Pine is widely known as the most common Pine tree in the South-Eastern United States. However, it is ...